Music Production Programme
Want to learn to use computers to make music but finding it difficult to understand due to the technical jargon? This short-course programme helps the ultimate beginner to learn how to make music using either your PC or Mac in an easy to understand manner. No unnecessary technical jargon/theory to bring you to boredom, just a plain, practical and effective way to immediately create music!
- Basic Digital Music setups in either Mac or PC environments
- Connecting all your gear in a clean and efficient setup
- Knowing what gear to buy in a digital music setup and what not to buy
- How to focus on creating music rather than spending too much time on the technicalities
- Using your DAWs efficiently (eg. Garageband, Logic Pro, Sonar)
- Using VSTs vs native sounds – what VSTs to avoid or to buy
- Digital music scoring – made easy
- Vocal Recording basics
- Putting it Altogether – creating your first song
- Musician and the Technician in digital music production
Many people get daunted by the technical jargon and seemingly ‘complex’ setups when it comes to using computers to make music. Making music using computers can be done using a simple and efficient approach without veering on being overly-technical. There have been hit songs out there written just using a simple software like Garageband! So don’t let the technical part put you off, – we are, after all, primarily here to make music.